What is required to travel across the US-Canada border?

Information is provided in the following web sites:

Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA): www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/menu-eng.html

US Customs & Border Protection (CBP): www.cbp.gov

Canadian Border Crossing Services: www.bordercrossing.ca/index-cfm

Office (204) 488-6350

Fax (204)975-0394


Required Documents for crossing the border:

You must have a valid passport or passport card to cross the border.

Customs Officers have the power to turn you away from crossing the border. Traveling without the proper documents may ruin your vacation. Check websites above to make sure you have the proper documents.


What to bring?

You will need to bring your rods, reels, tackle landing net, fillet knife. you will need clothing to dress in layers as the weather can be cold in the spring.  Be sure to include rain gear.  Other items you will want to pack are battery powered alarm clock, sunscreen and insect repellent, medications and your camera.  If you have a reservation for the housekeeping plan you will need to include your own food, paper towels, toilet paper and plastic bags.  Remember to pack carefully the float plan has an 80 pound weight limit for gear per person.

Tobacco and Alcohol:

200 cigarettes (1 carton), 50 cigars or 14 oz tobacco. You must be 18 years of age.

1.1 liters or 40 imperial ounces of liquor or wine, OR 24 12 ounce (1 case) bottles or cans of beer. You must be of legal drinking age in Ontario.